PIARCS’ founder, Alexandra Holland, PhD, chose the Public Benefit Corporation framework to deploy her IP in a way which best serves her lifelong sustainability aspirations.
If PIARCS could be described in one modern haiku:
… An integrated vision for sustainability
The disruptive nature of PIARCS’ technologies offers a unique opportunity to craft a commercialization pathway which best serves sustainability while stimulating the economy. The Public Benefit framework perfectly fits this dual purpose.
PIARCS primarily conducts R&D and generates revenue through licensing its IP. The scalability of PIARCS’ expansion strategy relies on:
- The low-cost licensing of its IP to end-users only
- Improving technical resources for licensees at no additional cost
- Strategic partnerships with manufacturers (free licensing)
- A cooperative strategy highlighting complementary technologies in the Cleantech industry
- Funding Public Benefit projects (education, environmental cleanup …)